Here then are some, but not all, of the things that happened in 2009 for which we are grateful:
- Our Customers: Thank you for the best year ever! From Halloween on, almost everything we have done has been something you customed-ordered. Teaming up with you to create something new is our favorite type of weaving. Whether it was a set of coasters or a rug, we have been thrilled with your inventiveness and the challenges you have set for us.
- Our Suppliers: You stuck with us through the early days and now, because of the superiority of your products, we are able to order more of your wonderful goods than ever. Whether it is your gorgeous yarns, your excellent equipment, or your patient support when we have called up in a panic, you are simply the best of the best. We are honored to have a showroom where your wares can be displayed. Special thanks to Beka Looms, Blubaugh Looms, Brown Sheep Co., J. & H. Clasgens, Earth Arts, Glimakra Looms, Gowdey Reed Company, Great Adirondack Yarns, Harrisville Designs, La Lana Wools of Taos, LeClerc Looms and Weaving Southwest.
- The Media: The coverage we have received - from both our local paper, the Ponca City News, and Channel 4 KFOR in Oklahoma City (an article in Galen Culver's excellent series "Is this a Great State, or What?") - has been a special blessing. Not only did it make us look really good - it has brought so many new people through our door from all over the state!
- Our "Silent Partner" and the "Tres" in Tres Hermanas, my sister Nora Sekine, who makes the most beautiful beaded jewelry and wonderful crochet items we've ever seen.
- My Students: Tori Bradley, Melanie Rowlett, and Donna Siebert, whose hard work contributed so much to our success this past year.
- And last, but certainly not least, to our many, many Incredible Friends whose work behind the scenes has helped so much. We count you among our greatest blessings.
That last category includes all of you who have read and supported this blog and its writer throughout the past year. I hope your New Year's blessings are as bright and exciting as ours, and that you have a grand year ahead of you!
Prospero Ano Nuevo y Felicidad!